November 17, 2009

Gratituesday: Recipes on the Internet


Do you remember ten or fifteen years ago when you wanted a recipe you had to call someone who had it or dig through recipe books? One of the biggest blessings of the internet, in my opinion, is to pull up just about any recipe you need in about 2 seconds. I have had a tasty dish at a restaurant and googled for the recipe so I could make it at home. I have longed for a favorite childhood cookie (that was made by a neighbor I lost contact with years ago) then searched for and found the recipe online! It really is amazing if you think about it!

Then there are sites like AllRecipes that allow you to put in the ingredients you have (or don't have) and see what you can make! It's a frugal homemaker best friend!

Here are just a few of the recipes I searched for and have been glad to find this year:
If you want to make a new dish you can find the recipe and read reviews about it and sometimes even see a picture tutorial. I have to say this wealth of resources has made me a better cook and more courageous in the recipes I am willing to try! I even found a great way to keep track of all the recipes I find online... but that's another post!
Find more things to be grateful for at Gratituesday hosted by Heavenly Homemakers!

1 comment:

  1. I need to check out that AllRecipes website. I LOVE internet recipes too. That's about all I use now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!